Nov 2, 2008

Dia De Bloglandia

I have to admit...these are pictures of my past marigolds...I was going to have them all around my little tin, but....after two hard frosts- guess what? My flowers are gone :(
I have to admit- with a heck of a work week...sadly I'm not even done with my tin, but I didn't want to be a party pooper and not show up!!
Only the base has started within my tin....but my thoughts surrounding this little tin are strong. I've always wanted to alter one and now I have a great reason to!

I always thought these little fellows looked like little skulls...of course, with panda ears. They are made of felt.


My thoughts are with the ones that have passed...
This horizon is very important for me....not just the view, but its the absolute definite point of which the sky meets the outline of the mountain OR the exact point where the shadow outline meets the exact point of the sky. It's a thought/spirit that I can't express clearly.....




12 comments:

julietk said...

I like your way of symbolising the celebrations.Those little pandas do look like skulls :D Juliet

rachel whetzel said...

the funniest part about the celebration? I CAN'T STAND marigolds... never have liked them.... ::sigh:: I guess I have to get over that... Yours look SO healthy!! Too bad the frost won! It was nice to visit your blog today!!

Sacred Yoli said...

Thank you for sharing your tribute.
(I am on my bloglandia Journey)

Saludos,
Yoli Manzo

Lisa "Oceandreamer" S. said...

It is always what is in our hearts first and foremost. So shrine or not....your thoughts and remembrance are what counts.
Next year I plan to grow my own marigolds.

3rdEyeMuse said...

your marigolds of past are quite lovely and the start of your wee alter is quite lovely - I look forward to seeing how it turns out. :)

Happy Dia de los Muertos!

ps - the little "panda skulls" are sweet.

susanna said...

Hey, those pandas DO look like skulls!

glorv1 said...

I like the symbols and your expressions. Thank you.

Leau said...

The sunset photo is beautiful. Hope your week goes better!

PLO said...

I am glad you were not a party pooper! Post your tin again when it is done!!!

Yoli said...

Love how you worked it girl!

Valerie said...

I love the pictures of the marigolds. They are beautiful.This is my first visit with you and I will be back.

Laume said...

LOL - from someone who also had great expectations and then got tackled with lots of busyness and didn't follow through, I had to chuckle at your little Altoids wire man. I'll be looking forward to seeing your little shrine when it's finished. I have yet to make one as well.

My marigolds were all frozen and gone and then, a teeny tiny miracle, I went out on November 1st and found about a dozen new blooms had opened from what looked like dead plants!